A good perspective by John Rowell, OpSource on steps required to build Software As A Service Offerings. The steps that he has recommended are :
- Discovery of business requirements, objectives and guidelines
- Designate the Operations Team
- Conceive and Design Scalable Infrastructure and Services
- Determining Bandwidth requirements and selecting hosting facility
- Procuring Infrastructure components
- Deploying SAAS delivery infrastructure
- Implementing DR and BCP
- Integrate monitoring solution
- Establish NOC, Client Call Center and Ticketing system
- Design and manage SLAs
- Document and manage the solution
Read the detailed white-paper here.
Read thoughts of Vaughan Merlyn on the next level of maturity for Business IT alignment.
Click here to read the article.
Click here for a detailed case study by Noel Scott, discussing co-existence of Prince2 and ITIL Frameworks to achieve business requirements
Good charting tips from Chandoo.org :
Read more here.
A two part article by Damon Edwards on measuring the impact of IT Operations on Business. Please click on the links below to read!